Memorial Day Parade and Ceremonies
On Monday, May 27th, there will be a Memorial Day parade and ceremonies to commemorate the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military.
The parade will start off at the Woburn Armory at 8AM and head towards the Woburn Commons for a ceremony at 8:45AM and onto Woodbrook Cemetery for a ceremony there at 9:25AM.
A bus will then transport the marchers to the East Woburn fire station. From there, they will then march to Calvary Cemetery arriving at 10:45AM. They will make stops at the Jewish Cemetery at 10:25AM and the Knights of Columbus memorial at 10:30AM.
Several veterans groups will be participating in the parade including: American Legion Post 101, Disabled American Veterans, Marine Corps League Woburn Leatherneck Detachment, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion Ladies Auxillary, as well as city officials.
For a complete schedule and parade roster for Memorial Day, see the attachment below.
There will also be several events leading up to the Memorial Day celebration:
- May 20-May 28- Veterans speak at Woburn Schools
- May 23- Senior Center will host veterans services at 12PM.
- May 24- Flags will be placed at Calvary Cemetery at 10AM (volunteers needed)
- May 25- Flags will be placed at Woodbrook Cemetery at 10 AM (volunteers needed)
- May 26- Memorial Day service at St. Barbara's Church at 9AM
- May 26- Veterans breakfast at the Moose Lodge at 10:15AM